[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Forum Zone-2000 • View topic - Looking for a trekking suggestion in BIH

Looking for a trekking suggestion in BIH

Oglasi planinarskih drustava, klubova, grupa i pojedinaca...

Moderator: :-)

Looking for a trekking suggestion in BIH

Postby Achim » 04 Feb 2012, 18:57

Hello everybody,

I found this great forum and I hope that someone can help me. We (a couple of friends and me from Germany) want to go trekking in Bosnia-Herzegovina. We plan our trip for June, the duration will be approx. 5 days.

I heard about Prenj which sounded very nice to me, maybe also Cvrsnica. Another option would be the Sutjeska National Park

Does someone have a suggestion?

Open issues are:

- Orientation; are there marked tracks or good descriptions/maps?
- Accommodation; do we have to carry tents and food or are there lodges/shelters and if so are they hosted?
- Scenery; what do you think is the most scenic or spectacular track? What might we possibly expect concerning flora and fauna? (Two of us are Agricultural Engineers and have a strong interest in ecology)
- Last but not at all least: security; I don’t want to sound paranoid but in all descriptions I found I read a lot about mines. Are there safe tracks? (I think there should be at least some as I found all the cool pictures in the net!)

Every answer and suggestion is welcome. English or German would be highly appreciated.

Hvala puno!

Kind regards

Achim
Achim

Re: Looking for a trekking suggestion in BIH

Postby Armin » 05 Feb 2012, 10:40

Hi, I strongly recommend you first to get guidebook by Matias Gomez. It's good starting point. And when you find out what you really want you're welcome to ask for details here again.

(I found out that book is out of stock on most e-shops so you can contact the guy via )
Edmund Burke: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing"
Armin

Postby Achim » 05 Feb 2012, 19:00

Dear Armin,
thank you for the link to Matias. I tried to get his book via Internet but the prices are rediculous, now I contacted him via FB.
I thought it's more about climbing all summits but I hope that I can get a copy.

Keep in touch,

Achim
Achim

Postby Achim » 29 May 2012, 21:04

Hi Armin, not to get. I even contacted Matias but he has no copy left. So if you have any further suggestions they would be highly appreciated.
Keep in touch, Achim
Achim

Postby ZEPTER » 29 May 2012, 22:48

Here you can find some interesting tracks
http://www.everytrail.com/profile.php?user_id=233123
ZEPTER

Postby Achim » 04 Jun 2012, 16:51

First of all thanks to everybody who was supporting us!

Finally we made our decision regarding our BiH trip.
We will head to the Sutjeska National Park.
But again I would have a couple of questions:
- is there the possibillity of getting a map of the park? Either a source to purchase one or a jpg of the old military maps by mail would be perfect.
- how can we treck from Trnovacko lake to Perucica forest, the idea is to have a "base camp" at Trnovacko? The mountain trecks are clear as described by Matias Gomez but is it easy to find the forest?
- is it possible to buy food (cheese, slibovitz...) from the mentioned farmers in the area?
Thank you in advance!

Kind regards

Achim
Achim

Postby Armin » 04 Jun 2012, 20:42

Hi,

on this topic you'll find links to bundles of jpeg files of old military maps: http://www.mtb.ba/forum/index.php?topic=547.15

Index map is here: http://www.vgi.mod.gov.rs/proizvodi/ana ... _list.html

Good luck and be careful.
Armin

P.S In few days I'll submit (to this site) calibrated military maps as .kmz files adapted to be imported to GoogleEarth and/or to GPS as custom map (Garmin Dakota, Oregon ...)
Edmund Burke: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing"
Armin

Postby Achim » 06 Jun 2012, 18:25

Hi Armin,

Thank you!!
Perfect, Exactly what we were looking for.

Kind regards,

Achim
Achim

Postby Armin » 08 Jun 2012, 14:38

Achim, calibrated maps: http://www.zone-2000.net/service/kmz.htm

Enjoy
Armin

Postby Achim » 16 Jun 2012, 09:03

We are back from our trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina and it was amazing. Apart from the urban destinations Mostar and Sarajevo we stayed at the lake Trenovaćo. Awesome! We've done some trekking and of course climbed Maglić.
I want to use the oppoertunity to thank everybody for inspirations and advices. In particular the maps of Armin turned out to be very helpful. Thank you for that.
I asume it was not our last trip to this beautiful country.
Take care and CU.
Achim

Postby Armin » 16 Jun 2012, 21:27

:/golemo!
Armin

Return to Organizovane ture/izleti/akcije/manifestacije...